Gait Guys online /download store:
other web based Gait Guys lectures:
www.onlinece.com type in Dr. Waerlop or Dr. Allen Biomechanics
Today’s show notes:
1.Did Rock Climbing Help Us Start Walking Upright? By Shaunacy Ferro A new theory suggests humans became bipedal so that we could scramble up rugged terrain.
The Running Marathon monks of Mt. Hiei
The Kaihōgyō is a set of the ascetic physical endurance trainings for which the Japanese “marathon monks” of Mt. Hiei are known. These Japanese monks are from the Shugendō and the Tendai school of Buddhism, a denomination brought to Japan by the monk Saichō in 806 from China.
Do you have Chimpanzee feet ?
About 8% of people tested by Boston University researchers had midfoot flexibility of the sort that apes use to climb trees, according to a study published in the American Journal of Physical Anthropolgy.
4. Statins Linked With Risk of Musculoskeletal Injury
Can Statins Cut the Benefits of Exercise?
5. Shoes: The Primal Professional.com
6. Hallux valgus and lesser toe deformities are highly heritable in adult men and women: The Framingham foot study
7. Forefoot strikers exhibit lower running-induced knee loading than rearfoot strikers
Kulmala, Juha-Pekka; Avela, Janne; Pasanen, Kati; Parkkari, Jari
8. Why Where You Land On Your Foot Isn’t That Important